The pea has a wide history, it was first bred in the 15th century. Originally, the culture was to treat the inhabitants. Later, stewed beans fell in love with nobles and gradually began to fly around the world. Even sophisticated gourmets in France cannot ignore pea-based foods. On this basis, many people are interested in the benefits and harms of culture. Let’s talk about everything in more detail.
Among the valuable substances available in games, it is possible to distinguish the elements necessary for the human body. They should come with food or as a dietary supplement.
Pea culture is rich in magnesium, potassium, zinc, manganese, calcium, phosphorus, copper. From vitamins, riboflavin, thiamine, pantothenic acid and nicotinic acid, other B vitamins, retinol, tocopherol should be determined. The product contains a lot of iodine, choline, amino acids.
The calorie of 100 g is about 299 kcal. Peas do not belong to low-calorie or low-calorie foods, they can be classified as “medium”. The calorie content of green grain is between 70-75 kcal. per 100 grams, it all depends on the maturity of the culture.
The benefits of peas
In addition to the undeniable advantages of chemical components, culture has a number of other valuable properties.
- Green peas must be eaten by people who have experienced swelling of the tissues of the internal organs and limbs. The product normalises kidney function, removes fluid and salts from the body.
- Any type of pea refers to products that perfectly prevent the development of cancer. If you already have cancer, the culture will block the blood from accessing its cells and shrink the tumor.
- It is useful to eat sprouted peas. It is responsible for the balance of cholesterol and removes harmful substances from the body. Therefore, the activity of the heart muscle and vascular system is improved.
- Iodine cures diseases of the endocrine system and especially the thyroid gland. Iron eliminates the development of possible anemia. Peas are essential for pregnant women to eliminate congenital anemia in a baby.
- Culture is good to eat during the menstrual cycle. During menstruation, a woman loses a lot of iron, which is necessary for blood formation. Peas compensate for the deficiency and increase the hemoglobin level to the desired level.
- The pea culture restores visual acuity, relieves eye fatigue and lubricates the apple. The product is introduced into the diet to prevent cataracts and treat its symptoms.
- The advantage is sprouted peas, which must be used with chronic intestinal obstruction. The composition gently cleanses the digestive system, carefully wraps the walls of the stomach and fights the peptic ulcer of the duodenum.
- The antioxidant (cleansing) properties of peas help maintain the beauty of the skin and cleanse it. Peas are used to treat psoriasis, eczema, acne and other similar diseases.
- Green or boiled peas are good to eat with heartburn. The product relieves cramps, normalises the activity of the digestive tract. Pregnant girls are the most common problem.
Benefits of peas for women
- The peas contains a large amount of calcium, which are required by beautiful ladies to maintain the proper condition of hair, nails and skin. This element is also necessary for pregnant girls to form the skeleton of the baby.
- Incoming iron forms hemoglobin, which drops to a critical level during the menstrual cycle.
- Folic acid is an original female vitamin. It slows down the premature aging of tissues, is responsible for cell regeneration, improves the activity of female genitals.
- Consumption of peas prevents possible skin diseases and eliminates many dermatological problems. And the green pea pulp cleans the pores.
The benefits of peas for men
- The main advantage of culture for men is the help in gaining muscle mass and rapid recovery of the body after training. Peas contain a lot of protein that is needed for fiber elasticity.
- The value for the male half of the population lies in the ability to prevent many diseases associated with the reproductive and excretory system.
- Peas have a positive effect on efficiency, increase sexual activity. The accumulation of folic acid improves the number of sperm and their main function.
Benefits of peas for children
- Peas increases appetite. This quality is useful for children who often refuse food and require sweets.
- Peas are rich in calcium and protein, the elements are responsible for the condition of teeth and bones. The product reduces the likelihood of tooth decay, eliminates bad breath.
- Peas have a positive effect on the child’s digestive system, regulate the activity of the heart muscle, and participate in hematopoiesis. Culture increases physical endurance.
- Composition directly affects mental activity. The product must be part of the diet of children of school age, preschool age, age of students. This increases the concentration of attention, improves vision and memory.
Benefits of peas for pregnant women
- Peas are not recommended during breastfeeding, but there are no bans during pregnancy. The culture concentrates many of the amino acids that a woman needs.
- A pregnant lady often suffers from constipation, toxicosis and insomnia. These annoying problems can be solved if the peas are regularly and dosed.
- A huge pile of calcium forms the skeleton of the unborn child. Folic acid is responsible for the psyche and calms a woman during a nervous breakdown.
Damage and benefits of peas in diseases
- Type 2 diabetes. Diabetes has several types. In the latter case, the use of peas is permitted and even recommended by experts. If swallowed, the product slightly lowers blood glucose levels. Diabetics know that a sudden rise or fall in sugar can have sad consequences. Peas are slowly digested by the body, making them beneficial for such a disease. In addition, the composition lowers bad cholesterol levels, which brings benefits to blood vessels.
- Gastritis Keep in mind that the consumption of peas in the diagnosis of such a disease is completely contraindicated. There are still exceptions. The product is forbidden to eat only in the acute form of the disease. In the absence of exacerbation, peas are allowed in small quantities.
- Pancreatitis Pancreatitis is limited in food intake. It all depends on the form of the disease. It is forbidden to take porridge or soup with this product. The exception is germinating peas, in which case it is beneficial for the body. The bean culture can only be consumed fresh.
Rules of pea consumption
- When cooking, use peas in various quantities and variations. In the morning, get used to eating soup or porridge. The bean culture goes well with other products, don’t forget that.
- Delicious protein shakes for the body are considered dishes and salads of beans and peas. You can also add at least a healthy lens. It’s similar to peas when it comes to cooking.
- Use the product in various variants. Canned chickpeas and chickpeas can be used immediately according to the instructions. There is a special kind of bean. “Mash peas” is widely used in oriental cuisine to prepare delicious meals.
- The undoubted advantage of canned and sprouted peas is that the product can be used safely in the evening and at night. The bean culture in no way damages the figure.
It is difficult to say with certainty what standard of peas is acceptable for daily consumption. This view was formed because few people consume the product daily. Also, the variety of forms of peas and its application in the culinary world is very extensive.
Green, canned, fresh peas can eat up to 200 grams. per day. As for the cooked product in the form of porridge, experts recommend consuming once about 100 grams. per day (1 serving).